As a plus size woman, finding the right swimsuit can often feel like an uphill battle. But the good news is that there are options out there to choose from, both in-store and online. In this blog post, we’ll highlight some of the best places for plus size women to shop for swimsuits, and provide some tips to help you find the perfect fit. (*as always this post may contain affiliate links)
- Swimsuits For All – Swimsuits For All is an online retailer that specializes in swimwear for women of all sizes. Since this brand specializes exclusively in swimwear, this is a great option if you’re looking to shop off-peak season, when other retailers may have limited options.
- Target – Target is a well-known retailer that offers a wide range of clothing and accessories, including swimwear. They have a collection of swimsuits for plus size women, from several differnt brands. They offer a variety of styles, colors, and prints to choose from, and they are usually pretty affordable options.
- Ulla Popken – Ulla Popken is a plus size fashion brand that offers a variety of swimwear options, from swimsuits to cover-ups. They have an excellent range of sizes available, and they are dedicated to providing the best possible fit for their customers. They also offer a variety of styles, including sometimes harder-to-find looks like longer length shorts for swimsuits, rashgaurd style tops, and more modest fits.
- Forever 21 – Forever 21 is a fast fashion retailer that offers a wide range of clothing and accessories, including swimwear. Styles are very affordable compared to most plus size retailers, and usually have a lot of very trend-forward options. Note that sizing can be more similar to junior plus.
- Eloquii – Eloquii is a plus size fashion brand that offers a variety of clothing and accessories, including swimwear. Their swimsuit collection features a range of styles, from one-pieces to tankinis, and they offer a variety of colors and prints to choose from. Eloquii works exclusively in the plus size market, so their sizing, in my opinion, is very consistent, which makes shopping online easier!
- Lane Bryant – Lane Bryant is a staple in the plus size fashion industry, and their swimsuit collection is no exception. They offer a wide range of styles and sizes, from swim dresses to tankinis, and everything in between. Plus, their swimsuits are designed with the curvy figure in mind, so you can feel confident and comfortable on the beach or by the pool.
- Nordstrom – Nordstrom is a department store that offers a wide range of clothing and accessories, including swimwear. They have a collection of swimsuits for plus size women, including bikinis, one-pieces, and tankinis. They offer a variety of styles, colors, and prints to choose from, and they have a reputation of excelling customer service in case you need to do any exchanges.
- Old Navy – Old Navy is a popular clothing retailer that offers a wide range of clothing and accessories, including swimwear. They have a collection of swimsuits for plus size women, although shopping in store may be limited for plus sizes. Old Navy is great if you want to do one-stop shopping for the whole family, as carry men’s and kid’s styles as well.
- Amazon – Amazon has seemingly a gazillion options for just about everything, but for many folks, it still seems hard to weed through all the options to find the plus size pieces that work. Luckily, I do weekly Plus Size Amazon reviews on instagram and tiktok, and put all my favorite swim pieces on my storefront list here. I have found some EPIC gems the last couple of years, and they are affordable plus size swimwear pieces too!
In conclusion, there is no shortage of options when it comes to plus size swimwear. With the above recommendations, you can confidently find the perfect swimsuit for your next beach or pool day. Don’t forget to embrace your curves and love your body, because every body deserves to feel confident and beautiful.
We would love to hear about your swimwear shopping experience, so don’t hesitate to share in the comments section. If you loved this post, make sure to follow me on social media platforms, where I share the latest in plus size fashion, beauty and lifestyle. And if you want to be the first to know about our latest posts and exclusive offers, be sure to subscribe to our email list. Let’s make the world a more inclusive and body positive place, one swimsuit at a time.