Looking for cute plus size coats? It can be tricky to find coats that come in inclusive sizes that don’t look like lumpy, heavy potato sacks.
If you wear plus size clothing, you have probably searched in vain in the local mall (or online these days) for a cute coat that wouldn’t ruin the effort you put into your stylish winter look. No more of that boo! I’ve scoured the internet to find a bunch of great options, some up to 6xl! As always, this post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you.
Here are some seriously cute plus size coats!
I love the variety of prints, fabrications and colors we are seeing from these brands right now. Plus size coats have historically been black, grey, navy, and that’s it. I remember when I lived in Paris, I needed an EVERYDAY winter coat for the first time in my life. It seemed impossible to find one in California. I ended up wearing one I found on a returns rack at my local target. It was at least two sizes too big and I had to belt it to keep warm.
I am happy to report that my winter trips to Europe are significantly more stylish these days.
Plus Size Coats to Have in Your Wardrobe
- A classic trench or rain jacket
- A universal / neutral color coat that can be dressed up or down
- A fun fashion coat in a bold print or color
Things to Consider When Shopping
- Quality and Price: are you going to wear this regularly? Daily? Or just on occasion. In my experience its worth it to get a higher quality coat if you plan to wear it a lot. Wait for a sale or get less expensive coats if they are just ‘accents’ to your wardrobe.
- Fit: are you planning to layer? If you are planning to wear anything bulkier than a long sleeve t-shirt or very thin sweater, consider sizing up so you can layer and move comfortably.
- What do they look like on a person? Some sites are better than other when it comes to photos on plus size bodies, so look for brands with great photos or come hang with me over on LTK to see try on photos of looks I wear!