Packing List: Most Forgotten Travel Items
So this here isn’t your ‘average’ packing list on a travel blog
Why? Because I am PRETTY sure you wont forget the actual suitcase itself, or your favorite outfit. We all usually remember to pack shoes and our makeup. And, I already have a list posted about travel essentials you may want to grab before your next trip. But what about those things you just ALWAYS seem to be forgetting? This is the packing list for you.
I asked our Facebook community of over 3,000 women to share the items they are always forgetting to pack when they travel, and they did not disappoint!
So, once you’ve packed your bags, have your beautiful outfits all folded up KonMari style and think you’re ready to go, check this packing list.
Not sure where to find some of these items? Anything highlighted you can Click and check out my personal favorites!
Most Forgotten Items
- international voltage adapters (not sure if you’ll need one? check out this great guide from REI)
- basic first aid supplies (bandaids, neosporin, etc)
- converted currency if required
- phone charger
- travel pillow
- secure bag or money belt (especially when travelling in crowded areas and/or when you’ll need to carry cash)
- camera accessories (battery charger, lenses, etc)
- a sweater or layering piece (often forgotten on ‘warm’ vacations, but it can cool down at night!)
- adapters for headphones (phone, iPad, ear buds, computer, etc)
- medication (over the counter AND prescription, and make sure to PACK your prescription with you!)
- emergency snacks
- hand sanitizer
- contact lens solution
- and the #1 MOST forgotten item (seriously it was by a landslide)… HAIR BRUSH
Some of the items may suprise you and seem ‘obvious’, but here is the logic: items used up until the last minute at home may be left out in a rush (think brush, toothpaste, etc). One idea is to create a ‘travel go-bag’ with these spares of these items that you can pack ahead of time.
If you DO forget something, it’s not the end of the world
I have a GENERAL rule for packing that I developed after I would get so stressed making sure I had everything. I just asked myself: passport, credit card, keys, medicine.
Because here is the thing: unless you’re traveling someplace really remote, the majority of these items can be purchased at your destination. Some of them, like toothpaste, razors and tampons, may even be available at your hotel. However, we all know that those little sundry 2-pack foil packets of Advil are a fortune compared to your own bottle. Plus, a trip to Walmart may not be at the top of your ‘dream destinations’ during your trip. So, hopefully this packing list helps you to remember to bring those pesky little things we are always leaving behind!
Now, if you are headed someplace really out there, without access to modern conveniences and shops, this list (and a complete packing list) may become even more important. So make sure to triple check, especially items you can’t purchase there.
What are your most forgotten items during travel? Tell us in the comments! Want to save this list for your next trip? You can pin it using the image below!