Best Beauty Products for Hot Climates
As we prepare for summer, its not just our wardrobes we may consider updating! If your makeup bag needs a refresh this season, look no further! I’ve rounded up the essentials! These are the best beauty products for hot climates!
Whether you live in a warm climate year-round, are looking to visit one on holiday, or your hometown heats up for just a couple of months, these products will help you stay fresh and flawless as things get hot!
One of the things I personally switch out when the temperatures rise: beauty products. With humidity, increased time outdoors, warmer days (and nights), and more travel (for the lucky ones!), there is no better time to start stocking up on the best beauty products for hot climates!
As always, this post may contain affiliate links.
- One of my personal favorites for hot climates is Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Coverage Foundation . This foundation is part of the industry-standard collection from Estee Lauder that revolutionized the concept of long-wear. This formula is WATERPROOF (aka sweatproof), while still easy to remove with makeup remover or cleanser. Major perk: it holds up beautifully in heat and humidity. I first bought this foundation myself before a 10-day long trip to Florida and the Caribbean last year. I cannot tell you how many compliments I got when I was wearing it. Oh and bonus: it has a built-in SPF 15 sunscreen.
- Want to add a pop of color to those lids? Yassss queen! But first, PRIME. In hot climates, eyeshadow creases, smudges, and disappears. Luckily, one of the first cult-favorite eyeshadow primers can help. Urban Decay’s Primer Potion has been keeping color poppin’ for years, and with good cause. The formula works in all climates, but especially helpful when heat is coming for your look. Apply lightly before shadow to get better color payoff, and longer lasting lids.
- Great beauty products don’t have to come at a high cost. One of the highest-rated mascaras on Target’s website? L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof Mascara . For under $8 USD, this mascara offers all day volume in even hot and humid climates.
- For many of us, hot climates mean bad hair days. From hot and dry deserts, that dry out our hair, to hot and humid, that cause a frizz emergency, it ain’t easy taming the mane. Luckily, one product has become a fan favorite on both fronts: The Good Stuff Frizz Control Oil No-rinse Conditioner. Whatever kid of hot climate you’re headed to, this product has your back. The no-rinse formula is applied to towel-dried hair. It acts as both a lightweight, protective, conditioner AND anti-frizz treatment. Hair looks sleek, and feels healthy. Plus, with a near perfect review score on Target.com, and for less than $10, it’s definitely worth a try!
- With heat, usually comes increased sun exposure. And while we should all be protecting our skin from damaging UV rays every day, it’s even more important when you’re in hot climates and/or spending more time outdoors. The single highest-rated waterproof sunscreen on all of Amazon? Neutrogena’s Water Resistant Sunscreen Body Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 70 . Over 400 reviews have averaged this product to almost a perfect 5-star rating. It’s oil-free, and fast absorbing, and also under $8.
- There is nothing worse than losing your favorite tube of lipstick to heat. They melt, get messy, and depending on the formula, don’t last. Fear not, friends! There is a solution: Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick. With 30 colors to choose from (seriously, 30) and over 2,000 raving Amazon reviews, this lip color is the perfect way to add some POP to your look! The brand claims the lipstick can last up to 16 hours, so no worrying about reapplying while you’re having fun!
- Ready to add some sparkle to your fun in the sun? Body glitter is having a MAJOR moment right now, and the right formula can have you sparkling even in the warmest locales. A new brand that is taking the sparkle scene by storm? Unicorn Snot. You read that right. The vegan and cruelty-free formula is long-lasting and high on shine. From festivals to the pool, adding a little sparkle to your skin turns the heat WAY up!
I hope you give some of these hot climate beauty products a try this summer! While warm weather can bring its own set of beauty challenges, with these beauty products for hot climates, you’ll be looking cool all season long!
Have a favorite beauty product for hot climates? Tried one of these? Tell us about it in the comments!